Hospital&false alarm :(

If you have me on Facebook or twitter, you'll know I'm in hospital atm. Usually when I come in it takes a couple of days to get back to normal but not this time. I feel so rubbish at the moment, I'm in alot of pain as they think they maybe my portacath is ruptured. They've done various line-a-gram's, ultrasounds and x-rays and they still cant find any holes in the line, I just hope I don't have to have a new port. I don't want to go under anaesthetic unless I'm going to be waking up with new lungs! 

Weekend dramas!

So early sunday morning the nurse comes in to turn my feed off. Obviously I was confused because they're normally religious about feeds! But when my mum walked in at 1am i knew why. I'd had a call for new lungs. Unfortunately the lungs weren't for me (obviously or i don't think id be writing this right now haha). I was supposed to go to theatre at 7am, but at 7.30 the transplant co-ordinator came in and said that both teams thought the lungs weren't right for me. I was absolutely devastated, but what can you do aye? I'd rather wait a bit longer for those PERFECT lungs, then have lungs inside me now that might not work. Great Ormand Street is such a great hospital though, I'm sure they'll find me some lungs soon. (preferably before summer please ;) ) 

Post pals.


Since sunday i've been so fed up and tired, naturally. But I've had some really nice post from Post pals, they're an amazing charity that send post to poorly kids with life threatening/terminal illness'. It's amazing how hearing about someone else's visit to the zoo or a story about their holidays can cheer you up. I love receiving post, especially when I'm in hospital. I think you should all check the website out and send a card or a letter to one of the children. "post a smile on a sick child's face". Every single one of the children on there are so grateful for everything that gets sent to them.

I've been on the transplant list 1 year, 1 month, and 10 days. PLEASEEE keep your fingers crossed for me! 

Thats it really. hope you're all well x

No comments:

Post a Comment